- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
As business consultants (over 20 years of experience) we provide management consulting to
help your organization improve performance and efficiency. We will help you analyze your
business and create solutions and help you meet your goals.
How we can help:
- Recruiting and staffing;
- Organizational departmental planning;
- Performance management and improvement systems;
- Organization development;
- Employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees;
- Employee on-boarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
- Policy development & documentation;
- Employee relations;
- Company employee and community communication;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
Looking for employment or need help with your resume. We can set up appointments for interviews and teach you how to win that position you want.
Looking to hire or discover more resources and information. We can build your advertisement and post to various sites along with screen applicants and set appointments.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Having an effective health and safety program is an essential component to a healthy and safe work environment, and a successful business. Designing and implementing a health and safety program on your own consumes time and resources. Let SDP consultants help to reduce your workload.
Every employer is required to maintain a comprehensively written, active and implemented safety program. Improper documentation is the most frequently cited issue by OSH. As our client, your Documentation will be written exclusively for your company, your industry and for your specific location. Programs will be kept current with OHS code for as long as you are on our monthly support plan.
Our health and safety management system is designed to meet the needs of your business. Our objective is to provide you with a:
§ Complete a thorough review of all existing health and safety documentation
§ Inspect the facility
§ Conduct discussions with workers and management
§ Develop a health and safety management system
§ Deliver a electronic health and safety management system database (documentation)
§ Deliver a report detailing recommendations for implementation
How we can help:
Business Planning (rates will be quoted upon initial investigation)
A robust business plan and supporting financial projections are essential when shareholders
require a financial and/or operating plan upon which to base a financial restructuring or when
an under-performing business needs to transform its operational and/or financial performance.
A good business plan will contain a clear articulation of business strategy, a set of actions linked
to implementation plans and a detailed set of financial projections. While business plans may
meet management’s internal requirements they often, in our experience, require augmentation
to meet the requirements of external diligence.
SDP specialists, including operational, tax and industry professionals, support our project
teams to review and develop specific aspects of business plans. We provide an unbiased and
objective view to support the articulation of business plan assumptions.
In challenging and developing business plans our team typically:
- Assesses the validity of market and strategic assumptions
- Evaluates the management team and structure
- Reviews key systems, controls and processes
- Provides financial modelling capability to support scenario analysis
OPERATIONAL RESTRUCTURING & COST REDUCTION
(rates will be quoted upon initial investigation)
A truly successful restructuring solution often requires some form of operational change and
performance improvement. We skilled in rapidly delivering tangible and sustainable benefits to
improve a company’s underlying operations and to create enterprise value. Our expertise is
centred on business reorganizations, if necessary site closures, profit enhancement (primarily
through cost reduction opportunities) and the delivery of working capital initiatives to improve
cash flow. Our team works either alongside management to complement and leverage existing management capabilities or as an adviser working on behalf of company lenders or investors.
Our team is senior and experienced and most of our team members have held leading positions
We provide restructuring services in the following key areas:
- Business reorganizations
- Business rationalization and cost reduction planning and implementation
- Establishment or enhancement of company finance functions and processes
- Implementation, co-ordination and communication of restructuring plans
LOOKING TO SELL YOUR BUSINESS
(rates will be quoted upon initial investigation)
- We put ourselves in the buyer’s shoes and look at what a buyer is concerned with:
- A fair business valuation, which can be determined through several different accounting methods, such as comparable transactions or discounted cash flow.
- Financing mechanisms to buy the business, such as share swaps or vendor financing.
- Risk factors, which are elements of investigation that go into any investment. Keep in mind that buyers are really investors. These factors could include growth potential, industry conditions, liabilities, operational problems and so on.
- Integration of the new owners into the existing business
Finding a buyer
- Put out the word through their circle of acquaintances within the industry
- Consult advisors such as accountants and lawyers, who often keep an eye out for businesses that are for sale.
- Advise industry associations and business brokers
Building the business up for a potential buyer
- Reviewing Finances
- Speaking with business lawyer, accountant
- Speaking with employees (let them know what is happening)
- Get employee input
- Physical inventory count (if needed)
- Office equipment and software – up to date
- Business equipment (service base businesses) review for safety and evaluation for sell’s memo
- Preparing the owners for reality